Reports to: Development Group Leader
Role Summary: Working as part of the Pharmaceutical Development Team at Quay to deliver analytical development programmes.
- To work closely with the Development group leader and technical manager to deliver analytical investigations; to support product development programmes.
- To organize, execute and report scientifically sound and accurate investigations.
- To author analytical development write ups and reports to document investigational findings; in accordance with standard procedures and ways of working.
- To maintain effective communication with all key stakeholders.
- To oversee junior staff during the performance of routine investigations
- To perform other duties required in a technical capacity as required by the business.
- perform analytical investigations and analytical problem-solving activities using appropriate root cause analysis techniques.
Educated to degree level with BSc/MSc Analytical Chemistry/Pharmaceutical sciences/Life sciences or relevant chemistry related discipline. Further postgraduate qualifications would be an advantage.
A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a method development role is desired, preferably working in either an analytical development/medical diagnosis (cell counting/cytometry) or microbiological role.
A proven track record in developing methods for quality control purposes is a pre-requisite. Expertise in stability-indicating method development techniques using reverse and normal phase chromatographic techniques including experience in the development of in-vitro release methodology for modified release dosage forms is required.
The ideal candidate will also have experience in the development and routine use of cell counting methods including counting chambers, automated plate counting methods and flow cytometry. Experience in development and routine use of Elisa methods would be highly advantageous.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE