Role: The role is an ideal opportunity for an individual who wishes to learn more about the breadth of the pharmaceutical development processes that occur at Quay and in the wider industry. It is very much focused at the beginning of a new project, at the point where Quay is exposed to the requirements of the client and the science and novel research that the client is involved with. This then proceeds to building strong client relations, to foster future business and ensure the client remains with Quay.
The role will allow an individual to better understand the commercial aspects of Quay Pharma as a business, and the knowledge gained opens up a wide opportunity of roles at Quay Pharmaceuticals as we continue to grow.
The role is primarily office based but does require someone who is happy to occasionally travel to attend exhibitions, both in and out of the UK. They also need to be very proactive to liaise with other departments across the business and also with our clients to ensure that deliverables are met.
There are opportunities to progress within the role, for those candidates showing initiative and willing to take on more responsibility.
Possess a scientific background and ideally have an understanding of pharmaceutical development.
- A science degree or equivalent experience in analytical chemistry, microbiology, or pharmaceutical science.
- A knowledge of Quality Assurance and the requirements of GMP would also prove beneficial.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate good organisational skills, have an eye for both technical detail, numbers and be fluent in the use of Word and Excel. Other systems can be taught.
- Ability to build strong internal networks to ensure efficient client service
- Ideally, potential candidates will have commercial experience in the financial management and negotiation of contracts.
Importance will also be placed on the attitude, enthusiasm and interaction that the candidate demonstrates during the interview.
Reporting into the Commercial Manager, day to day activities will include the following:
- Prepare, develop and deliver scientific proposals and client technical agreements that accurately capture the requirements of the client.
- Accurately apply costings to proposals in order to win new business.
- Ensure the client’s commercial and scientifically sensitive information remains confidential at all times.
- Work closely with the CSO’s, technical team and project managers to translate the client requirements into a document that captures the scope of the project.
- Assist in internal and external client project meetings to document and understand key client requirements.
- Work closely with the operations/project management teams to communicate the requirements of new projects.
- Support the Business Development team in maintaining client relationships and expectations, new and existing.
- Ensure Salesforce remains update to facilitate accurate management reporting
- Support client enquiries and requests for information.
- Liaise with external subcontractors to explain our requirements and arranging for third party quotes.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE