Background: Quay Pharmaceuticals is a fast growing, contract pharmaceutical development company working with clients globally to develop new pharmaceutical and biotechnology products for a wide variety of disease indications in both adults and children. It is a privately owned company, established in 2002 and now employs 150+ people.We are an entrepreneurial company and encourage our employees to help us shape and become the future of our company.
Role: The Laboratory Supervisor is a key role within the laboratory management team and will report directly to the Laboratory Operations Manager.
The role is an ideal opportunity for an individual who wishes to have a major influence in driving operational excellence and continuous improvements within the laboratories, with a focus on H&S, Quality compliance, equipment management and lab facilities. The Laboratory Supervisor will be required to coordinate and work closely with the existing functional team heads in order to maximise the operational efficiency of the laboratory, while maintaining high levels of safety, quality and service.
The ideal candidate is a confident and assertive individual with the ability to provide effective leadership, motivate staff and foster a collaborative team spirit in a dynamic laboratory environment. You will have the ability to lead by example, embodying best Health & Safety practice; demonstrating quality and professional integrity. A sound knowledge of the laboratory environment, including health, safety and quality processes will be essential, with the ability to ensure that these are clearly relayed, understood and adhered to.
They will also need to be very proactive to identify key areas for improvement and drive culture change.
Day to day activities will include the following:·
- Understand, implement, and improve on the laboratory safety procedures and ensure that safe systems are in place for all activities undertaken.
- Ensure all laboratory staff adhere to H&S policies and procedures.
- Ensure that laboratory personnel leave the laboratory clean and hazard free at the end of each working day.
- Ensure operational adherence to policies and procedures by all laboratory staff.
- Where applicable propose, participate and support internal projects for improvement to existing laboratory facilities and services, and support projects.
- Ensure all laboratory equipment/instrumentation is properly maintained and serviced complying with regulatory standards where applicable to ensure proper performance and function.
- Monitor and report on Total Equipment Effectiveness for the laboratory and advise management of developing trends in service needs.
- Be a presence in the laboratory to monitor H&S standards, equipment effectiveness operation, and general ethical and professional atmosphere.
- Coordinate the Laboratory training and identify skills gaps, looking at ways to develop required skills that are aligned with resource plans (maintain training requirements of Scientists and Lab Support).
- Support the HR management function for the lab, by reporting Near Misses, Accidents, and poor laboratory practice to management.
- Establish a good working relationship with the laboratory team across QC and Development to understand their workload, challenges and constraints.
- Support the Lab Operations Manager in the delivery of Management reports and KPI reporting across financial, quality, and HSE reporting.
- Be of a Laboratory background with supervisory experience.
- A science degree or equivalent experience in analytical chemistry, microbiology, or pharmaceutical science.
- A knowledge of H&S requirements and company policy and procedures.
- A knowledge of Quality Assurance and the requirements of GMP
- A knowledge of Continuous Improvement with ability to lead change and motivate staff
- Demonstrate good organisational skills, have an eye for technical detail.
- A professional individual with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to foster trust and respect from others.
Importance will also be placed on the attitude, enthusiasm and interaction that the candidate demonstrates during the interview.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.