Reports to: Head of Technical – Pre-Clinical
Summary: To be the lead scientist for the pre-clinical department, delivering client programmes on time and in full and helping expand the pre-clinical service to additional service offerings demonstrating exceptional scientific and quality standards.
General – Day to Day Activities:
- To work closely with the Head of Technical and the pre-clinical scientific team to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard and on time.
- To perform practical work and to check that practical work is being performed correctly and to a high standard.
- To maintain good scientific records and to check the work of other scientists.
- To write and check protocols and reports ensuring that they are produced to a high standard, both in terms of the scientific content whilst being commercially relevant to the project.
- To critically review the scientific work being performed on a project and within each pre-clinical platform – both in terms of the analytical and formulation components and question the scientific rationale.
- To maintain effective communication with all key stakeholders.
- To participate in client facing meetings (on site meetings and TCs).
- To perform problem solving/trouble shooting.
- Approval and review of standard operating procedures relevant to the role.
- Mentor more junior staff and guide their continuing professional development.
- Contribute to the overall development and expansion of the department, creating new platforms and building new service offerings to clients.
Technical and Scientific Development:
- To participate in CPD activities to develop scientific knowledge further, for example, by attending relevant symposia/conference meetings and to disseminate this information to other members of the Pre-Clinical team and wider within Quay.
- Introduction of new technologies/equipment according to industry changes/advances /development of the pre-clinical platform.
- Production of material for use in marketing, scientific papers and posters for presentations at scientific meetings.
- To perform other duties required in a lead scientist/technical capacity as required by the business.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following:
- A first degree in Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Educated to Masters or PhD level with additional experience in analytical chemistry/pharmaceutical sciences/formulation.
- Experience of working in a GxP laboratory.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and teamworking skills.
- Experience of contributing innovative ideas to a project/example of creativity.
- Experience in analytical chemistry required.
- Ability to manage own time effectively against business priorities.
- Experience of a customer-facing role.
- Experience of managing own project and able to work independently.
- Flexibility to work out of hours when required.
- Experience of mentoring others.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE