Reports to: Group Technical Manager
Summary: Working as part of the Pharmaceutical Development team at Quay to deliver formulation development programmes.
- To work closely with the project managers and team leaders to provide the technical/scientific oversight for projects against client agreed target product profiles.
- To deliver scientifically sound pre-formulation and formulation protocols.
- To act as technical support to the formulation team.
- To author formulation development reports and presentations to document project findings and progress.
- To maintain effective communication with all key stakeholders.
- To participate in client facing meetings (on site meetings and TCs).
- To participate in CPD activities to develop scientific knowledge further, for example, by attending relevant symposia/conference meetings and to disseminate this information to other members of the PD team.
- To perform investigations and problem-solving activities using appropriate root cause analysis techniques.
- To perform other duties required in a technical capacity as required by the business.
- To support process development and production operation teams for scale up activities.
Educated to degree level with BSc pharmaceutical sciences or relevant chemistry related discipline. Further postgraduate qualifications would be an advantage.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a formulation development role, is desired.
A proven track record in non-sterile dosage form development is a pre-requisite. Expertise in solid dose process’s including powder characterisation, granulation, compression and capsule filling are required.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in the development, characterisation and scale up of lyophilised products. solid dispersions. Experience in the development and scale up of solid dispersions would also be advantageous.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE