Quay is closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation and we are following the frequently updated guidance and advice from the U.K. Government and the World Health Organisation (WHO). We are currently still operational and have put in place a number of activities to decrease the risks to employees who do remain on site and this is in line with guidance issued by the U.K. Government.
- Hygiene practices and information about increased hygiene has been implemented across the site.
- Non-essential travel has been limited for Quay personnel.
- Only emergency contractors are allowed on site and anyone permitted to attend site has their access risk assessed.
- Employees have been given information to help them identify symptoms that might be expected if someone contracts the virus.
- Employees have also been advised of the steps to be carried out if either themselves, a household member, or someone they have been close to, contracts the virus or has been advised to self-isolate.
- Additional training has been, and is being, carried out across the business to ensure we are able to continue critical, core activities.
- Employees, where possible, are being asked to work from home, or work different hours, to limit people numbers on site at any one time and lower the risk/speed of infection.
- Materials for contracted work have been ordered or reserved with suppliers and additional consumables had already been brought on to site.
Whilst we are not experiencing any major impact of the virus we are monitoring this closely. While this situation continues we are actively reviewing contingencies to ensure we remain prepared and if anything causes us to make any significant changes that might affect your project, we will keep you informed. Should you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Project Manager for further information.